The Supportive Care Team is a collaboration between UF Health and Haven. As a health system, UF Health is encouraging patients to discuss all aspects of care with their healthcare providers and to complete Advance Directives. The Supportive Care Team aims to educate patients and their caregivers about Advance Directives by offering resources and assistance in completion. This program is being piloted in the Movement Disorders clinic and the Neurosurgery clinic.
The Supportive Care Team, composed of Haven Volunteers, has the primary goals of:
- Discussing Advance Directives
- Providing educational information and support to patients and their families
- Increasing the number of patients with completed Advance Care Directives
- Offering additional palliative care resources
- Enhancing the patient and family experience