We aim to follow practices that reduce avoidable complications and infections, improve medication safety, and avoid preventable harm. Current efforts include:
- Creation of video presentation on the importance of completing Advance Directives (AD).
- Supportive Care Team in coordination with Haven aimed at providing AD education, connecting patients with needed resources, and increasing the number of UF Health patients with AD on file.
- End-of-Life education among Neurosurgery residents and faculty.
- Clinical Documentation Improvement templates and adoption by providers.
- Decrease in length of time between withdrawal of artificial care and transfer to hospice or hospice-in-place.
- Implementation of the Quality of Life Clinic to provide patients with medical, mental, and emotional support in conjunction with the treatment process to lead each patient to optional wellness.