We aim to improve person-centered care by providing clear and supportive patient communication. We ensure that our patients, visitors, and their caregivers are comfortable while visiting UF Health. These initiatives are demonstrated by:
- Promoting the use of our patient portal, MyUFHealth, which provides patients to 24/7 access to their released test results, clinical communication, prescription refills, and the ability to schedule/view upcoming appointments.
- Developing and utilizing the nation’s only Wayfinding Guide Program in which student interns assist patients, visitors, and caregivers in navigating the UF Health system.
- Creating the Patient and Family Advisory Council which meets monthly to assist UF Health staff committees identify service, communication and facility issues as well as assist in implementing change and process improvement
- Conducting Perfect Patient Experience rounds on patients in the Neuro ICU and Medical-Surgical units to collect data on the following six domains: tidiness, peacefulness, discomfort levels, clinician attentiveness, nurse attentiveness, and staff pleasantness.
- Piloting a Patient and Caregiver Support Group to help improve both patient and caregiver quality of life through the promotion of healthy eating habits, exercise, and personal hobbies.