We aim to increase value by focusing on quality over quantity and ensuring that the cost per patient is appropriate. This aim works to minimize reporting burden and costs while prioritizing safety efforts. We focus on regulatory issues and readmission statistics to improve patient care and satisfaction. Current efforts include:
- Patient Shadowing program focused on identifying patient and safety opportunities to ensure our patients and visitors all receive highest quality of care
- Designing continuum of care optimization materials and processes.
- Analyzing readmissions rate in regards to transfer process and increasing physician-to-physician communication.
- Discharge Checklist data analysis for Neuro Intensive Care Unit aiming to reduce readmissions, improve patient education and autonomy, and to implement a Navigator to assist patient and family throughout discharge.
- Standardizing a perioperative care protocol for complex spine patients
- Creating and implementing interventions to improve health literacy among neurosurgery and neurology patients